Hazardous Waste Assistance:
- Household garbage is collected 2 days each week.
- Pick up occurs on all holidays except Thanksgiving, Christmas and New Years Day.
- Place in water tight plastic bags or garbage cans with handles. The limit is 5, 32 gallon capacity containers, weighing no more than 40 pounds filled. Place material curbside by 7:00 a.m. on your collection days. Make sure you pick up a schedule when you sign for your utility services.
- Do not dispose of hazardous waste, motor oil or batteries with your household garbage. For information on how to properly dispose of these materials, please contact the hazardous waste line 386-947-2952.
- Appliances, furniture and used tires are picked up with your household garbage.
- Recycling is collected 1 day each week. An additional bin is available from Public Works/City Yards located at 407 Virginia Avenue.
- Please place newspapers on the bottom of the bin. Glass bottles and jars, please rinse. Aluminum/metal cans, please rinse. Plastics, #1 and #2 please rinse, remove lid and crush. If an item is left in your bin after pick up, the item is not currently recyclable.
- Yard Waste is collected beginning on Wednesday of each week. Place bagged yard waste, containers with yard waste and piles of loose debris (tree limbs, palm fronds, etc) at curbside by 7:00 a.m. An effort will be made to pick up all yard waste by end of the week.
- Bag or box grass cuttings and leaves. All piles/bundles totaling 5 cubic yards in size or under will be picked up.
- Service for the handicapped. For at the door pick up, a request and doctor's statement must be submitted. Contact the Public Works Department at 386-506-5575 for information.
Customer Service (Water)
& Building Permits
Code Compliance Hotline
Non-Emergency and After Hours City Operations, Police
& Animal Control
Parks and Recreation
Public Utilities Emergency
City Manager, Mayor
& City Council
Click here to go to the Stormwater Management page