|HELP STOP RESIDENTIAL BURGLARIES
- Residential burglary suspects may pose as solicitors.
- The City of Port Orange issues very few permits to solicit.
- The Port Orange Police Department completes background checks on all persons before they receive a permit to solicit in the City.
- Solicitors are issued a City ID badge and a permit that they should have on their person.
- Solicitation without a permit is a City ordinance violation.
- Burglary suspects will pose as home health workers, home repair, lawn maintenance, pest control etc.
- Burglary suspects may drive through residential areas during the night to survey the area to select target homes and to discover what vehicles are missing during the daytime.
- Burglary suspects will park in the driveway of the target residence with the driver remaining in the car. They will strive to appear normal to area residents.
- The suspect making entry will walk calmly to the front door and knock or ring the bell in an effort to determine if a resident is home.
- The suspect may force open the front door or walk to the rear to force open a rear door.
- Lock your car. Keep your garage door opener secure. Protect your property.
The Port Orange Police Department is asking citizens to contact the police department immediately if they observe solicitors or suspicious activity in their neighborhoods. Please note vehicle description and direction of travel. Thank You!
IF YOU SEE SOMETHING, SAY SOMETHING!
Burglary In Progress – Call 911
Suspicious Incident – Call 386 -756 - 7400
(Water / Sewer/ Garbage Bill Questions & Payments)
Community Development & Building Permits
Code Compliance Hotline
Parks & Recreation
Parks & Recreation Afterhours
Police Non-Emergency & Animal Control
Public Utilities Afterhours
Public Works Afterhours
Mayor & City Council
Click here to go to the Stormwater Management page