Christopher J. Weir is a 33 year veteran of the fire service serving for 25 years with the City of Fort Lauderdale Fire & Rescue Department. As Division Chief of Fire Operations, Chief Weir managed “Bravo Platoon” which, consisted of a 24 hour shift tour of 4 Battalion Chiefs overseeing 113 Fire & EMS Company Officers, Special Hazards Operations Technicians, drivers, and firefighter/paramedics assigned in 3 battalions covering 12 fire stations.
Chris was hired as Division Chief with Port Orange Department of Fire & Rescue in June 2005 and assumed the duties of Fire Marshal in October 2005.
Christopher J. Weir MBA EFO, |
Chief Weir’s credentials include an MBA from The University of Central Florida College of Business, a Bachelor of Arts degree summa cum laude in Public Administration from Barry University, an Associate in Science degree with high honors in Fire Science Technology from Broward College, and he is a 2003 graduate from the National Fire Academy’s globally renowned Executive Fire Officer Program. Chris is a state certified Firefighter II, EMT, Instructor I & III, Fire Inspector I, and a Nationally Certified Fire and Explosion Investigator.
Chief Weir holds memberships with:
Chief Weir has earned numerous awards:
- National Fire Protection Association (NFPA) member
- Principle Committee Voting Member: NFPA 1710 Standard for the Organization and Deployment of Fire Suppression Operations, Emergency Medical Operations, and Special Operations to the Public by Career Fire Departments;
- Principle Committee Voting Member: PYR-AAA Technical Committee on Pyrotechnics;
- International Association of Fire Chiefs
- Life Safety Section
- Hazardous Material Response Section,
- Florida Fire Chiefs Association
- Vice Chair: Florida Executive Fire Officers Association
- Section Chair: Florida Fire Prevention Association
- Southeast Association of Fire Chiefs
- Communications and Marketing Committees,
- National Society of Executive Fire Officers
- International Fire Marshal’s Association
- Assistance to Firefighter Grants- Peer Reviewer
- International Association of Bomb Technicians and Investigators
- International Code Conference (ICC) on Residential Sprinklers
- Florida Fire Marshals and Inspectors Association
- East Central Florida Fire Inspectors Association
- International Association of Arson Investigators
- National Association of Fire Investigators
- UCF Graduate Alumni Life Member
- UCF School of Business Alumni
- Barry University Alumni
- Broward College Alumni.
- 2012 Florida Executive Fire Officer of the Year
- 2009 Daytona/Port Orange Flash Flood
- 2008 Fire Officer of the Year by the Port Orange YMCA
- 2007 Florida Fire Marshal of the Year
- 2007 Fire Officer of the Year for Port Orange Department of Fire & Rescue
- 2007 New Smyrna Wildfire-Staging Officer
- 2007 Ground Hog Day Tornado-New Smyrna Beach
- 2006 Embry-Riddell University Christmas Day Tornado Incident Commander overseeing multiple alarm Haz-Mat, TRT, and Fire Operations Divisions
- 2003 & 2004 City of Fort Lauderdale Mayor & City Commission public commendations
- 1998 Central Florida Wildfire regional response
- 1992 and 1998 Fort Lauderdale Firefighter of the Month,
- Numerous commendations, citizen letters, and fire service award ribbons earned over his 33 years of service.
Chief Weir resides in Port Orange and is married to Chantal and 5 children (3 grown, 2 at home). Chris actively participates in the UCF and Barry University Alumni Associations, Peer Mentor with UCF MBA programs, Vice President Water’s Edge Homeowner’s Association Board of Directors, Junior Achievement Volunteer Teacher, PTA and parent volunteer for local schools, Actively participates in the annual “Leaders for Readers” program, Boy Scouts Troop 448 Assistant Scout Master (in training).