CITY OF PORT ORANGE
SPECIAL MAGISTRATE CODE ENFORCEMENT
Wednesday, May 22, 2013 at 9:00 a.m.
1000 City Center Circle
A. CALL TO ORDER
1. Attorney Overview of Special Magistrate Code Enforcement Process
B. NEW BUSINESS
RESPONDENT/ Jonathan P Tarbatt
ADDRESS OF VIOLATION/ 23 E Bayshore Drive, Port Orange, FL 32127
CODE OFFICER/ Amanda Bonin
First Notified – May 9, 2013
Cited for violation(s) – The City of Port Orange’s Code of Ordinances Chapter 70 Traffic, Article 2, Section 70-47 (A), (B) (1) (2) (3), (C) (1) Parking of commercial vehicles on residential premises.
(a) For the purpose of this section, "commercial vehicle" means any vehicle designed, intended, or used for transportation of people or goods as part of a business, except for rental vehicles designed for temporary personal use.
(b) No commercial vehicle shall be parked on residential premises except for the following:
(1) A vehicle making deliveries to or servicing a dwelling unit.
(2) One vehicle, one-ton capacity or less, per dwelling unit which is used by a resident of the dwelling unit as part of a full-time job and which leaves the premises on weekdays.
(3) Any vehicle stored within a completely enclosed garage. When a vehicle is stored pursuant to this paragraph the vehicle engine or associated equipment engine shall not be operated between the hours 9:00 p.m. and 7:00 a.m.
(c) No commercial vehicles shall be parked on the right-of-way adjoining residential premises.
(1) A vehicle servicing or making deliveries to a dwelling unit may stop on the roadway temporarily for the purpose of servicing a dwelling unit or while actually engaged in loading and unloading of merchandise or passengers.
Violation(s) – vehicles over a 1-ton capacity are prohibited in residential areas and need to be stored/parked at the proper storage facility.
Action to be Considered/Finding Violation: Compliance or Non-Compliance
C. OLD BUSINESS
ANY PERSON WHO DECIDES TO APPEAL ANY DECISION MADE BY THE CODE ENFORCEMENT BOARD WILL NEED A RECORD OF THE PROCEEDINGS, AND FOR SUCH PURPOSE HE OR SHE MAY NEED TO ENSURE AT HIS OR HER OWN EXPENSE FOR THE TAKING AND PREPARATION OF A VERBATIM RECORD OF ALL TESTIMONY AND EVIDENCE OF THE PROCEEDING UPON WHICH THE APPEAL IS TO BE BASED.
NOTE: IF YOU ARE A PERSON WITH A DISABILITY WHO NEEDS ANY ACCOMMODATION IN ORDER TO PARTICIPATE IN THIS PROCEEDING, YOU ARE ENTITLED, AT NO COST TO YOU, TO THE PROVISION OF CERTAIN ASSISTANCE. PLEASE CONTACT THE CITY CLERK FOR THE CITY OF PORT ORANGE, 1000 CITY CENTER CIRCLE, PORT ORANGE, FLORIDA 32129, TELEPHONE NUMBER 386-506-5563, WITHIN 2 WORKING DAYS OF YOUR RECEIPT OF THIS NOTICE OR 5 DAYS PRIOR TO THE MEETING DATE; IF YOU ARE HEARING OR VOICE IMPAIRED, CONTACT THE RELAY OPERATOR AT 1-800-955-8771.