CITY OF PORT ORANGE
FIRE AND RESCUE PENSION BOARD OF TRUSTEES QUARTERLY MEETING
PORT ORANGE CITY HALL
1000 City Center Circle, City Council Chamber
PORT ORANGE, FLORIDA 32129
Monday, November 18, 2013, 6:00 P.M.
Any person who decides to appeal any decision of the Pension Board with respect to any matter considered at this meeting will need a record of the proceedings, and for such purpose, may need to ensure that a verbatim record of the proceedings is made, which record includes the testimony and evidence upon which the appeal is to be based.
In accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Act and Section 286.26, Florida Statutes, persons with disabilities needing special accommodations to participate in this meeting should call Board Secretary Gregg Bastian at the Fire Department Headquarters, 386-506-5900, at least 24 hours prior to the meeting.
I. CALL TO ORDER/DETERMINATION OF A QUORUM
III. REPORTS (ATTORNEY/CONSULTANTS)
1. Patrick Donlan, Foster & Foster, Actuary
· 2013 Valuation
· Declaration of returns
2. Burgess Chambers, Performance Monitor
3. Scott Christiansen, Attorney
4. Sheila Hutcheson, Plan Administrator
· Terms of elected Trustee Rick Gherlone, Fifth Member Frank Sheridan, and appointed Trustee Bob Ford end on 12/31/13. An election will be coordinated for Member Gherlone’s elected position and the City Council considers appointments in January, 2014.
· Consideration of Fifth Member Appointment - term of Trustee Frank Sheridan ends on 12/31/13.
IV. NEW BUSINESS/OLD BUSINESS
V. DISBURSEMENTS/RETURN OF CONTRIBUTIONS and DEPOSITS
1. Sheila Hutcheson, Professional Services - $4,500.00 (administration fees)
VI. STAFF REPORTS, DISCUSSION, AND ACTION
VII. TRUSTEES’ REPORTS, DISCUSSION, AND ACTION
VIII. REQUESTS FROM THE PUBLIC/EMPLOYEES PRESENT