CITY OF PORT ORANGE
FIRE AND RESCUE PENSION BOARD OF TRUSTEES QUARTERLY MEETING
PORT ORANGE CITY HALL
1000 City Center Circle, Second Floor Conference Room
PORT ORANGE, FLORIDA 32129
Monday, November 19, 2012, 7:00 P.M.
Any person who decides to appeal any decision of the Pension Board with respect to any matter considered at this meeting will need a record of the proceedings, and for such purpose, may need to ensure that a verbatim record of the proceedings is made, which record includes the testimony and evidence upon which the appeal is to be based.
In accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Act and Section 286.26, Florida Statutes, persons with disabilities needing special accommodations to participate in this meeting should call Board Secretary Gregg Bastian at the Fire Department Headquarters, 386-506-5900, at least 24 hours prior to the meeting.
I. CALL TO ORDER/DETERMINATION OF A QUORUM
III. REPORTS (ATTORNEY/CONSULTANTS)
1. Patrick Donlan, Actuary, Foster & Foster
· Presentation of 2012 Valuation/Member Statements
· Declaration of returns
2. Burgess Chambers, Performance Monitor
3. Sheila Hutcheson, Plan Administrator
· Terms of elected Trustee Gregg Bastian and appointed Trustee Bob Pohlmann end on 12/31/12. An election will be coordinated for Member Bastian’s elected position and the City Council considers appointments in January, 2013.
· 2013 meeting dates: February 19, May 20, August 19, November 18 (7:00 p.m.)
· Letter to City transmitting FY11/12 report of investment activity
4. Scott Christiansen, Attorney
· Status of City ordinance/SPD
IV. NEW BUSINESS
V. OLD BUSINESS
VI. DISBURSEMENTS/RETURN OF CONTRIBUTIONS and DEPOSITS
1. Sheila Hutcheson, Professional Services - $4,500.00 (administration fees)
VII. STAFF REPORTS, DISCUSSION, AND ACTION
VIII. TRUSTEES’ REPORTS, DISCUSSION, AND ACTION
IX. REQUESTS FROM THE PUBLIC/EMPLOYEES PRESENT