CITY OF PORT ORANGE
FIRE AND RESCUE PENSION BOARD OF TRUSTEES QUARTERLY MEETING
PORT ORANGE CITY HALL
1000 City Center Circle, Second Floor Conference Room
PORT ORANGE, FLORIDA 32129
Monday, August 23, 2010, 7:00 P.M.
Any person who decides to appeal any decision of the Pension Board with respect to any matter considered at this meeting will need a record of the proceedings, and for such purpose, may need to ensure that a verbatim record of the proceedings is made, which record includes the testimony and evidence upon which the appeal is to be based.
In accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Act and Section 286.26, Florida Statutes, persons with disabilities needing special accommodations to participate in this meeting should call Board Secretary Dominick Leone at the Fire Department Headquarters, 386-506-5900, at least 24 hours prior to the meeting.
I. CALL TO ORDER/DETERMINATION OF A QUORUM
II. APPROVAL OF MINUTES - Quarterly Meeting - May 24, 2010
III. REPORTS (ATTORNEY/CONSULTANTS)
1. Janet Newcomb, PNC
2. Burgess Chambers, Performance Monitor
3. Scott Christiansen, Attorney
4. Sheila Hutcheson, Plan Administrator
· Police/Fire Conference in October (Orlando).
· The State monies are scheduled to be issued beginning August 20 and must be deposited into the fund within five days of receipt.
· All members have filed their Financial Disclosure Forms.
IV. NEW BUSINESS
Approve Summary Plan Description (SPD)
V. OLD BUSINESS
VI. DISBURSEMENTS/RETURN OF CONTRIBUTIONS and DEPOSITS
1. Sheila Hutcheson, Professional Services - $3,300.00 (administration fees)
2. Christiansen & Dehner, Professional Services - $1,427.71, $58.00
3. PNC, quarterly fees - $13,247.21
4. Foster & Foster, actuarial services - $2,057.00
5. C.S. McKee, quarterly fees, $8,135.31
6. Burgess Chambers, Performance Monitor, quarterly fees - $6,942.85
7. Mike Michaud, refund of contribution (terminated, vested membe)r - $14,272.71
VII. STAFF REPORTS, DISCUSSION, AND ACTION
VIII. TRUSTEES’ REPORTS, DISCUSSION, AND ACTION
IX. REQUESTS FROM THE PUBLIC/EMPLOYEES PRESENT