|***Please note after 2pm is next business day service.|
For immediate service, please call us or come into our office. You may fax or email us the paperwork in advance to your call or visit.
- The owner is liable for any charges accrued on a property, unless the utilities account is officially in a tenant's name. This includes meter tampering and after hours charges from tenants before they have set up service, after they have terminated service, or during eviction if the account has reverted back into the owner's name.
- Each time a renter leaves, water service is placed back into the owner's name and turned off. There is a $40 service fee for each request to leave or turn on water service. Please fill out an "Application for Utility Service" under Rates and Forms.
- In between renters, an owner is responsible for monthly water availability fees at a property. Please see "Fee Resolutions" under Rates and Forms for more information.
|Getting Ready To Set Up Renters|
- Make sure we have a valid and updated copy of the owner’s state/driver’s license or federal tax I.D. number.
- Make sure we have a deposit on hold for your account.
Land owners can share deposits on up to 3 owned properties.
- Both land owners and renters are required to have a deposit at a property. For more information see Deposits.
- All leases must be signed and witnessed. If you are leasing out through a management company, a copy of the management agreement for the property is required for each renter. If you’d like to set up a renter prior to the lease start date, please include a lease addendum.
- Many land owners will not allow subletting. Please check with the owner before subletting a property. In addition to a signed and witnessed lease, we also require a signed management agreement between land owner and agent.
- Please note that once the renter terminates service, the water will be shut off and the property will revert into the name of the land owner not the agent. To continue service under the agent name, the agent must reactivate their account as a renter. Please refer to Starting Service for more information.
- The owner is liable for any charges on an account unless the utilities account is officially in the tenant’s name.
- Florida statute 83.67 which prohibits the discontinuance of utility service to tenants without proper legal authority, regardless of whether the account is in the name of the owner or the tenant. If you have legal authorization to discontinue service, such as an eviction notice, please immediately provide a copy of said paperwork to us so we might expedite your request.
(Water / Sewer/ Garbage Bill Questions & Payments)
Community Development & Building Permits
Code Compliance Hotline
Parks & Recreation
Parks & Recreation Afterhours
Police Non-Emergency & Animal Control
Public Utilities Afterhours
Public Works Afterhours
Mayor & City Council
Click here to go to the Stormwater Management page