Customer Service: Frequently Asked Questions
When Is My Payment Due?
Bills are due when rendered. Thirty (30) days past the statement date, your account is past due and a $10 late charge is applied to the account. Ten (10) days after the past due date, your account is subject to disconnection. To avoid disconnection on past due balances, do not drop off payments, please call or stop by to make a payment

What if My Payment Doesn't Go Through?
Payments made from invalid or insufficient accounts will be assessed returned charges and the payment must be resubmitted. Returned payments from past due or delinquent accounts will be disconnected without notice and subject to additional fees. Contact us immediately to avoid disruption in service.

Payments made from insufficient funds accounts will be assessed returned charges and the payment must be made by either cash, credit or debit card. Three (3) returned payments will place the account on a cash-only status for one year.

Problems with Mail
If you experience problems or delays through the postal service, sign up to receive a bill via email through our online website or through our office. If you do not receive a printed bill, you may also view your statement through our online payment website, available 24-hours a day or call our office during business hours (386)-506-5720.

Please note that not receiving your bill does not relieve you of the responsibility to pay your bill. Payments received after the due date are subject to late penalties and disconnection of service.

My Water Was Disconnected for Non-Payment
Ten days after the past due date, your account is subject to disconnection. You must contact us via phone or in person to restore your service.

Once your account has been tagged for disconnection, you will incur a $40 service charge whether your water is turned off or not. To re-connect service, you must have a zero balance. This includes any fees or outstanding bills that have been rendered, not just the past due balance.

Service will be restored same day if payment is made before 2:00 pm. After 2:00 pm, an additional charge of $40 will be applied for an after-hour service call.

Why Is My Water Bill So High?
A leaky toilet or faucet can result in thousands of gallons in water consumption on your monthly bill. Underground leaks may not be visible.
Click here to get tips on detecting leaks

Can I Get An Adjustment for a Water Leak or Pool Fill?
The City will make an adjustment for the sewer portion of high water use with documentation of either repair of a leak or a pool fill. Please submit a Sewer Adjustment Form to our office, along with any supporting documentation such as an invoice from a plumber, copies of receipts if you made the repairs yourself, or a pool company that did repairs on your pool.

Please note that submission of a form does not mean approval. Please allow 2-3 billing cycles for the adjustments to appear on your bill.

Report Meter Leaks, Water Line Leaks, Water Pressure or Sewage Backup Problems
Contact Public Utilities at 386-506-5750.

Should I update My information?
Any time you change a phone number or email address, it is important to update your account. If you obtain a new state driver's license, please send us a copy of your license with your account number and note that you would like to update the license on account.

Your billing address and phone number may be changed through the address change request on the back of the bill stub or you may call us at 386-506-5720.

Name Change
If you are recently married, divorced or have changed your name, we require the following:
  • Copy of new driver's license
  • Copy of appropriate paperwork such as marriage certificate, divorce decree or legal name change document
  • Name Change Form signed and returned to our office with the appropriate supporting documentation.

Death of An Account Holder
Deposit refunds can only be issued in the name of the account holder. If the account holder is deceased, refunds will be issued to their estate. If the property is jointly titled, account deposits can be transferred to surviving spouses by completing a new application and providing a copy of the death certificate.

If a property owner defaults on paying more than two (2) utility bills, a lien may be issued against the property. Lien charges will apply.

If you are purchasing a property, all liens must be paid in full before water service can begin for a new owner. Due to monthly availability charges, please be sure to request an updated lien search before closing on a property. To request a Lien Search, please contact the City Clerk's office at 386-506-5563.

If you have filed bankruptcy, please send us a "Discharge of Debtor" paperwork showing the date that you filed for bankruptcy and call us at 386-506-5720. You will need to pay a new deposit when you restart service.

Contact Us
Mon-Fri 8am-5pm, except Wed 8am-4pm
Important Numbers
Main Number

Customer Service
(Water / Sewer/ Garbage Bill Questions & Payments)

Community Development & Building Permits

Code Compliance Hotline

Fire Administration

Parks & Recreation

Parks & Recreation Afterhours

Police Department

Police Non-Emergency & Animal Control

Public Utilities

Public Utilities Afterhours

Public Works

Public Works Afterhours

City Manager,
Mayor & City Council


Click here to go to the Stormwater Management page

City Tweets
Police Tweets
668.6076. Public records status of e-mail addresses; agency website notice: Under Florida law, e-mail addresses are public records. If you do not want your e-mail address released in response to a public records request, do not send electronic mail to this entity. Instead, contact this office by phone or in writing.