Tim Burman, Planning Manager|
Penelope Cruz, Principal Planner
Gwen Perney, Senior Planner
Development Review Technician
The City's Development Review section of the Community Development Department coordinates the review and approval of development applications and determines their compliance with the City's Comprehensive Plan, Land Development Code and other related city ordinances as well as local, state and federal code requirements and regulations.
Planning project managers work closely with the development team and other City departments (SDRC – Staff Development Review Committee) guiding projects through the review and approval process. This approach results in a more streamlined and timely review and provides the development team with continual guidance and support from staff.
Development Review typically occurs in four phases:
• Application Submittal,
• SDRC review,
• Public meeting/approval.
Does the Zoning allow for the use?
Open the Zoning Interactive Map
- Type in the address you are inquiring about in the search tool at the top.
- Click on the blue Layer List button at the bottom and then select the Zoning layer.
- When you click on the property you are interested in, a Parcel Information box will appear.
- Click on the arrow on the top right of the box to see the Zoning of the property.
- If you click on the link icon at the right of the search tool, it will take you to the City's Land Development Code (LDC). Chapter 17 of the LDC lists all the Zoning districts and what uses are permitted in each district.
(Water / Sewer/ Garbage Bill Questions & Payments)
Community Development & Building Permits
Code Compliance Hotline
Parks & Recreation
Parks & Recreation Afterhours
Police Non-Emergency & Animal Control
Public Utilities Afterhours
Public Works Afterhours
Mayor & City Council
Click here to go to the Stormwater Management page