Create an Account - Increase your productivity, customize your experience, and engage in information you care about.
CITY OF PORT ORANGE
1000 CITY CENTER CIRCLE
PORT ORANGE, FLORIDA 32129
Contact: Christine Martindale
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
February 25, 2019
City of Port Orange Announces its Selection of Workday as the New Finance and HR System
City Selects Collaborative Solutions to Lead the System Deployment
Port Orange, FL – The City of Port Orange announces it has selected Workday as its new finance and HR system. The City is replacing its outdated legacy software system, with cloud-based applications from Workday, including Workday Financial Management and Workday Human Capital Management (HCM), for greater flexibility, efficiency, and insights. Additionally, the City has selected Collaborative Solutions, a leading global Finance and HR consulting partner, to lead the system deployment.
“In a fast-paced environment that requires continuous adoption of new regulations and adjusting to market demands, cities like the City of Port Orange are choosing Workday’s flexible, cloud-based system to help manage their finances and people,” said Sherry Amos, Director, Market Development for Education and Government, Workday. “By partnering with the City of Port Orange, we will be able to provide City staff with deeper insights to make faster, more-informed decisions and better serve the evolving needs of their community.”
“We’re excited to partner with the City of Port Orange to help them transform their Finance and HR Operations,” said Susan Guerra, Executive Vice President, Global Portfolio, Collaborative Solutions. “Collaborative Solutions and the City align closely on culture and values, so we’re confident this will be a successful, long-term partnership.”
With approximately 62,000 residents and more than 450 employees, the City has spent the last 12 months working on improving business processes ahead of deploying the new Workday system. With Workday, the City will have a unified finance and HR system that will reduce complex manual processes, provide more robust insights and analytics, and support future growth and expansion.
“Our mission is to provide Port Orange a full range of high-quality municipal services to all our stakeholders in a safe, clean, attractive environment while safeguarding our natural resources and building a strong sense of community,” said City Manager, Jake Johansson. “We must meet the future now and we believe that Workday will provide greater efficiency and data analysis of City operations and increased transparency to the community at large.”
The project deployment timeline began last month, in January 2019.
• With Workday, the City can reduce manual and paper-driven processes and automate administrative tasks, allowing workers to have more time to spend on value-add projects.
• With Workday, the City will benefit from a single, unified system that will help drive efficiency across finance and HR and deliver reliable and timely information that will help improve customer service for vendors, employees, and the community.
• The City will be able to avoid costly and time-consuming upgrades associated with legacy systems by leveraging continuous innovation from Workday’s development on a single code line delivered in the cloud.
Why Collaborative Solutions?
• With Collaborative Solutions, the City has a partner with a deep track record of success with the Government sector, having been founded with a focus on Public Sector and Higher Education consulting
• Collaborative Solutions will help the City meet its goals of becoming more efficient, consolidating disparate systems and streamlining business processes
• Collaborative Solutions will help the City meet internal and external demands for financial transparency
# # #