Ridgewood Corridor Targeted Business Program
What is it?
The Ridgewood Corridor Targeted Businesses Site Improvement Waiver Program is a pilot program to encourage redevelopment of the Ridgewood Corridor with Targeted Businesses. If a Targeted Business relocates within the corridor, typically site improvements will be waived if there is no increase in the size of the principal structure being occupied by the Targeted Business. The only upgrades required are related to screening of outdoor storage and equipment, accessibility, Building and Fire Code requirements. The site improvement waiver program runs until January 31, 2023.
Will it benefit my business?
The following businesses are targeted businesses along the Ridgewood Corridor and may be extended assistance by the City:
- Professional and medical offices
- Grocery stores
- Craft food and beverage producers
- Water-based businesses (e.g. watersports sales and rentals, such as kayaks, jet skis, paddle boards, etc., water taxis, boat tours, fish markets, bait and tackle shops)
- Eco-tourism (e.g. guided tours)
- Adult/vocational education
- Appliance/electronic repair shops
- Business service (computer and office equipment service and repair, web design, and other similar uses)
- Retail sales and service
- Banks and other financial services
- Fleet-based services (pest control, mobile vehicle detailing, lawn care, and other similar uses)
- Health/exercise club (fitness center, gymnastics school, martial arts, and other similar uses)
- Laboratory, research and development (testing of construction materials, soils, and groundwater, and other similar uses)
- Manufacturing (craftsman shop and limited)
- Personal services (beauty/barber shop, nail salon, cosmetic permanent eye makeup, laundry, garment service, and other similar uses)
- Retail home building materials (retail sale materials and equipment for home and garden construction and maintenance)
- Any other enterprise/project with an anticipated socio-economic benefit and supported by the City Council.
The following factors shall be considered when evaluating the following additional incentives, including but not limited to: whether the proposed business may conceivably spur similar investment in surrounding properties, whether the proposed business is expected to have a positive socio-economic impact on the Ridgewood Corridor, availability of city funds and other factors deemed essential by the city manager. To be considered by the city manager, a written request providing a detailed overview of the business/project and the circumstances surrounding the need for assistance, shall be submitted to the city.
- Site Plan Review
- PCD/PUD MDA modifications
- Site Inspection
Phased/Incremental Site Upgrades
- Parking lot
- Site landscaping
Redevelopment Grants (as funding is available)
- Interior upgrades
- Accessibility improvements
- Demolition and lot clearing
- Façade improvements
[Land Development Code, Ch. 20(k)(2)]
Contact the Community Development Planning Department for more information: By phone (386) 506-5601 or email email@example.com
Chicken Coop Restaurant, 5901 Ridgwood
Waters Edge Dental, 4410 Ridgewood
E & J Bait and Tackle, 5253 Ridgewood