Due to the Covid-19 virus outbreak, for the safety of staff and the public, the City of Port Orange has launched virtual inspections which allows an inspector to remotely view the site using a webcam device or smartphone controlled by the homeowner or contractor. We are currently using Microsoft Teams to perform virtual inspections.
Please note that due to overload of "in-home" requests, at this time, it may take an inspector up to 48 hours to schedule your inspection.
We are offering the following “in-home” virtual inspections at this time:
Virtual inspections are only being conducted on inspections with components inside a resident-occupied dwelling. (Does not include a garage.)
- Air conditioning change outs
- Water heater change outs
- Replacement windows
- Other “in-home” inspections deemed appropriate by the Building Official
To get started:
- You must have access to the internet via WiFi or 4G/5G
- Have access to a device with a webcam or smartphone.
- Have installed on your device the Microsoft Teams app which you can download from the App Store, Google Play, or teams.microsoft.com.
- To schedule your virtual inspections, you have 2 scheduling options:
- Fill out the virtual inspection request form by clicking here: VIRTUAL INSPECTION FORM
- Call (386) 506-5603 and follow the voice prompts by leaving a detailed message. You must also leave your email address (spell out and list all address characters clearly).
- Please allow for a 2-hour window when scheduling.
- Virtual Inspections will not be held after 3:00 PM.
- All inspections are subject to availability.
- You will be sent an email from an inspector with the date and time of your virtual inspection.
- At the time of inspection, click on the link provided in the email to join the Teams meeting. When the Teams app is launched, join as a “guest”.
- Type your name, then select to join meeting.
- Must allow Teams app access to your microphone and camera.