Most requests for emails will be delivered in a PDF Portfolio format. This type of PDF, while compatible with many PDF viewers, works best with the latest version of Adobe Reader or Adobe Acrobat on a PC. PDF portfolios do not work on tablets or smartphones.
To open the PDF portfolio, follow the directions below:
- Download and install the latest version of Adobe Reader or Adobe Acrobat from Adobe's website.
- Download the PDF portfolio from JustFOIA and save it to your computer.
- Open Adobe Reader or Adobe Acrobat.
- Click File > Open > and select the PDF portfolio that you downloaded.
- If there is an attachment to the email, a link to the attachment will be just below the subject and date in the email header
Requests that result in a large number of emails or attachments will be delivered in PST format. A PST file is a Microsoft Outlook data file. In order to open these files, you need Microsoft Outlook installed. Click here for a guide on how to open a PST file in Microsoft Outlook.
You can also look for a free PST viewer application on the internet, as there are several. However, the City cannot recommend one application over another.