Screen Room Permit Application Checklist
Screen Room (Roof, open 3 sides)
A screen room is an addition to a structure or integral part of a structure which is enclosed with screen, permitting unobstructed flow of air in and out of the addition. A screen room may have a permanent floor and roof structure integral to the principal structure, however, for purposes of this code, no elevation of any wall of the room shall have less than 60 percent open screen area.
- Screen Room Permit Application – All relevant information must be provided. This includes, but may not be limited to, customer/contractor information, square feet, and estimated costs. If subcontractor work (electrical) will be attached to building permit, appropriate information related to subcontractor, estimated cost, etc. must be provided on permit application. INCOMPLETE APPLICATION WILL BE RETURNED.
- (2) Surveys – Customer/Contractor may provide 1 original survey and 1 photocopy. Documents shall not be reduced or enlarged. Proposed screen room or porch must be drawn to same scale as surveys with all dimensions clearly indicated.
- (2) Copies of applicable drawings, data and details from Aluminum Structures Design Manual – Submittal shall also include two copies (1 original, 1 photocopy) of the Design Checklist.
- (2) Copies of applicable drawings, data, and details for aluminum construction – signed and sealed by a licensed architect or engineer in accordance to Chapter 481 or 471, respectively, of the Florida Statutes.
- Tree Permit Application – If construction requires removal of tree.
- Screen room setback requirements – 15 feet from rear property line; required side-yard setback of principal structure [Contact the Planning Division for setback questions (386) 506-5674.]
- Notice of Commencement Form – Form must be completed for all permits with value of $2,500