Sunroom Permit Application Checklist
- Sunroom Permit Application – All relevant information must be provided. This includes, but may not be limited to, customer/contractor information, flood zone, finished floor elevation, square feet (living, porch, garage), and estimated costs. If subcontractor work (electrical, gas, irrigation, mechanical, plumbing, roof) will be attached to building permit, appropriate information related to subcontractors, estimated costs, etc. must be provided on permit application. INCOMPLETE APPLICATION WILL BE RETURNED.
- (2) Surveys – Customer/Contractor may provide 1 original survey and 1 photocopy. Documents shall not be reduced or enlarged. Proposed addition must be drawn to the same scale as survey with all dimensions clearly indicated.
- (2) Sets of drawings that are signed, sealed & dated – By an architect or engineer licensed with the state of Florida. Construction documents shall include, but may not be limited to: foundation plan; floor plan, typical wall sections; structural details; electrical layout; and, truss engineering (if applicable).
- (1) Elevation Certificate – Required if proposed construction is located in flood zone A, AE, or AH.
- (2) Copies of energy forms and equipment load calculations – (i.e. Manual J) Equipment load calculations are not required if a licensed mechanical contractor provides notarized affidavit stating that existing HVAC equipment has sufficient capacity to heat and/or cool addition.
- (1) Product Approvals
- Tree Permit Application – If construction requires removal of trees.
- Sunroom setback requirements - Same as setbacks of principal structure; Contact the Planning Division for setback questions (386) 506-5674.
- Notice of Commencement – Form must be completed for all permits with value of $2,500.