- Public Works
- Solid Waste
- Garbage Collection
- This service includes two (2) weekly collections of garbage and household trash from places of residence. Place material curbside by 7:00 a.m. on your collection day.
- Household garbage must be placed in watertight plastic bags in garbage cans with suitable handles and shall be kept tightly covered at all times. The cans should NOT exceed 32-gallon capacity, or 50 pounds in weight. Any container larger than 32 gallons must not exceed 50 pounds.
- Glass items such as shower doors, mirrors or any type of sheet glass should be taped up using duct tape or a similar tape. This will help if the glass gets broken. It will not shatter which would be a safety hazard for the collection crew.
- Hazardous wastes such as paint, batteries, medical sharps and medications, pressurized containers, garden and pest control products, cooking oil or other liquid, solid or sludge and other wastes that contain properties that are dangerous or potentially harmful to human health or the environment are not accepted. Residents may drop off household hazardous waste at the Tomoka Landfill or the West Volusia Transfer Station.
- Pick up occurs on all holidays except Thanksgiving, Christmas and New Years Day.
- Pick up a schedule when you sign up for your utility services.
- Bulk household items (furniture, appliances) may be placed curbside on your household garbage collection day. If it a large item or multiple items, they will be picked up on your Claw Zone day. C Bulk Items Bulk Items all Waste Pro at 386-492-8855 or Public Works at 386-506-5575 to ensure collection. This includes residential remodeling construction debris PROVIDED THE RESIDENT DOES THE WORK. Licensed contractors MUST remove debris at their own expense.