Roads & Traffic Control Division maintain the City's 217 mile road system. This includes preventive maintenance, resurfacing roadways, and maintenance of signs.
The Pavement Maintenance activity includes pothole repairs which is a disruption in the roadway surface, preparation of site for repairs due to utility underground repairs, and repair of all asphalt surfaces throughout the City.
The below list of roads will be resurfaced starting July 2019:
- Avon Court
- Devon Street
- Ipswich Lane
- Crown Lane
- Cole Drive
- Mystic Drive
- Oxford Drive
- Wales Avenue
- Cambridge Drive
- Brittany Avenue
- Dover Court
- Kent Court
- Timber Trail
- Bourbon Street
- Westridge Ave (dirt road to be milled)
Sidewalk & Curb Maintenance
Sidewalk and curb maintenance service provides a separate, all-weather, hard surface walkway along streets for pedestrian use and contribute to their safety by separating pedestrians from vehicular traffic.
The repair and replacement of sidewalks become a necessity due to intruding underground roots, ground settlement, and aging sidewalks creating trip hazards and other unsafe conditions.
The below list includes sidewalks in progress of repairs for July 2019:
- 3838 Sunset Cove-Sunset Cove
- 4738 Chardonnay Ln-Willow Run
- 1433 N. Dexter Drive-Willow Run
- 1226 Franklin Drive-Willow Run
- 1216-1218 Eddie Lane-Willow Run
- Tracy Drive/Willow Run-Willow Run
- Bike Path/Curbing-Willow Run
- 6101 Del Mar Drive-Riverwood
- 6102 Del Mar Drive-Riverwood
- 6108 Del Mar Drive-Riverwood
- 363 Sagewood-Tree Top
- Knotty Pine/Del Mar-Riverwood
- 5995 Pelham Drive-Central Park
- 5956 Broken BowLn-Central Park
- 5938 Peggy Drive-Long Oak
- 500 Legume-Hamlet
- 653 Boarshead-Hamlet
- 709 Merrimac Drive-Hamlet
- 568 Hamlet Drive-Hamlet
- 441 Dylan/Merrimac-Hamlet
- 496 Wiltshire-Cambridge
- 201 Devon St-Cambridge
- 205 Brittany-Cambridge
Services include, but are not limited to, fabrication, installation and maintenance of roadway signs and pavement markings. Sign Maintenance activity provides directional, information, traffic, roadway and gateway signs to make it easier for residents and visitors to navigate City roadways safely.
This crew also administers an efficient emergency response program for traffic control during road closures and natural disasters.