Roads & Traffic Control Division maintain the City’s 217 mile road system. This includes preventive maintenance, resurfacing roadways, and maintenance of signs.
The Pavement Maintenance activity includes pothole repairs which is a disruption in the roadway surface, preparation of site for repairs due to utility underground repairs, and repair of all asphalt surfaces throughout the City.
What to Expect during the Paving Process:
- Pavers mill the Road.
- Pavers tack the road which allows the asphalt to adhere to the surface.
- Paving may not take place for a day or so after milling.
- The contractor has 3 days to finish cleaning up the area.
* If you experience any issues or if damage, contact the Project Manager Richard Colby at 386-506-5575.
Below is the current street paving list below:
*Currently Not Paving
Sidewalk & Curb Maintenance
Sidewalk and curb maintenance service provides a separate, all-weather, hard surface walkway along streets for pedestrian use and contribute to their safety by separating pedestrians from vehicular traffic.
The repair and replacement of sidewalks become a necessity due to intruding underground roots, ground settlement, and aging sidewalks creating trip hazards and other unsafe conditions.
The below list includes sidewalks in progress of repairs for Dec - Future 2021:
* Contractor will be working on various sidewalks throughout the City:
1. Multiple sidewalks on Azalea Pointe Dr.
2. Multiple sidewalks in the Long Grove Subdivision.
Services include, but are not limited to, fabrication, installation and maintenance of roadway signs and pavement markings. Sign Maintenance activity provides directional, information, traffic, roadway and gateway signs to make it easier for residents and visitors to navigate City roadways safely.
This crew also administers an efficient emergency response program for traffic control during road closures and natural disasters.