After the storm has passed, residents are asked to follow these guidelines in preparing their garbage and debris for collection. These guidelines apply to all cities and unincorporated areas:
- Place household municipal waste (garbage) in your garbage can or cart at the curb or swale on your next regularly scheduled day.
- Keep waste separated: regular garbage separate from vegetative waste; and non-vegetative hurricane debris, such as broken fences and patio furniture, separate from garbage and vegetative waste. These items will be collected separately, with regular garbage being picked up first.
- Do not place debris items in your garbage can.
- Call your insurance provider.
- Stay connected through our social media and the local news media.
- Contact and register for FEMA Individual Assistance programs when they are available.
In the event that volunteer opportunities are able after the storm, it will be publicized on an "as needed basis". As these opportunities become available, we will notify the community via this website or our social media sites. Otherwise, please remain safe and secure at home. Never self-deploy.