Business Tax Team
Thinking of starting a business? Not sure where to start? The members of the Business Tax Team are here to help you navigate the maze to get your business up and running.
This team represents the key areas most business deal with when starting up their business. These areas include Business Tax, Planning and Zoning, Building and Code Enforcement. Stop by the Community Development Department or call to set up an appointment with a member of your Business Tax Team.
Business Tax Receipts
Business Tax Receipts (formally Occupational Licenses) are imposed upon each and every business, profession and occupation, home-based or commercial located with in the City of Port Orange. The Business Tax Receipt expires on September 30th and is renewed yearly.
Print a Business Tax application that defines where your business is based. Choose the home-based application (PDF) for businesses that are operated and based out of your residential property. Choose the commercial application (PDF) for businesses operating from commercial property. Each application package has a detailed list of items required for the Business Tax application process. Fees vary based on classification.
- Can I pay for my Business Tax Renewal online?
- Do I need to register my business name?
- Does the Zoning allow for the use?
- How much does the Business Tax cost and how often do I pay for it?
- I have a license already with the State of Florida. Do I still need one with the City of Port Orange?
- What information will I need to bring in with me when applying for a Business Tax?