As of 5pm on Friday, March 10, 2023 the City of Port Orange will no longer be accepting building permit applications through this online format. Applicants will be able to use the City's new Online Portal to apply for permits online, request inspections on active permits, and make payments.
Click the following link to access the Online Portal.
City of Port Orange’s Online Portal(SmartGov)
Please visit the SmartGov Resource Center to learn more about how to use SmartGov.
City of Port Orange’s Online Portal(SmartGov) RESOURCE CENTER
SERVICES AND MISSION: The Building Division receives building permit applications for all structures ranging from commercial buildings to residential homes and fences. It is the Building Divisions responsibility to review construction plans to assure compliance with Florida Building Code requirements and local regulations.
Our primary goal is to preserve our City’s neighborhoods and property values by maintaining high standards of competence and service. Staff is available to assist and guide homeowners and contractors through the permitting and inspection processes for all new construction, remodeling or additions to existing structures.
INSPECTIONS: Permit construction inspections are conducted to make sure construction is in accordance with approved plans and all applicable construction codes.
|A building permit protects the public by ensuring standard methods and materials are used in construction, that qualified people perform the work, and that the work is verified through inspections at various stages through completion. Click here for a complete list of jobs that require a building permit and fee penalty information.|
|It is important that you hire a licensed contractor to do work on your property. For more information on how to spot if a contractor is unlicensed, click here to check out our informational flyer “13 warning signs that a contractor is unlicensed”. The Building Division can also assist you in checking to see if a contractor has all required licenses.|
- How do I check my permit status?
- Is a permit required for roof repair?
- Is a permit required for replacement of sheathing that has been penetrated by a foreign object (e.g. tree limb) or a structural member has been damaged?
- Is a roofing permit required for replacement of a roof covering greater than 30 square feet in area but not involving an entire roof section or can this work be performed under an alteration permit?
- If a roofing permit is required for replacement of roof covering, other than what is deemed to be a roof repair, is the permit fee the same as if the entire roof covering is being replaced?
- What are the roadway Details
- Standard Construction Details
- What do I need a permit for ?
Please be advised that this website is currently under remediation to ensure accessibility to our disabled residents and visitors. For more information, please click on this link: Website ADA Renovation